What is a Site Meter This is my site meter. It is located right under my links on my sidebar. Click on it and you can find out who has been visiting my Blog. Cool, huh!
¶ 9/29/2006 01:33:00 PM10 comments
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Food the Puritans Ate in 1600's
Yes, some one found me by typing in(can you tell I am over 40), "food the puritans ate in 1600's." Yep, whose got the sexy Blog now?
¶ 9/27/2006 04:41:00 PM12 comments
Monday, September 25, 2006
Six Degrees of FameKel's forty questions has started me on a self disclosure bender. So, I have a new question to tag all of you with. The question is, what famous (or near famous) people you have met?
When I was in college, I met William F. Buckley Jr. The year was 1985 or 1986 and I was drunk. Go figure! All I really remember is he had terrible teeth. I remember thinking, you are rich, go get them fixed. I was such a tolerant and accepting young woman in those days.
¶ 9/25/2006 11:03:00 PM21 comments
Sam's fever broke over night and he is now pretty much back to his usual self. Now I am faced with a new dilemma, what to do with him all day while he continues to recuperate.
¶ 9/25/2006 08:32:00 AM3 comments
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Sam has been running a fever now since about 2:00 p.m. Saturday. It is not very high right now(100.00) but, it has not gone away. So, we just watch and wait. Tylenol...Gatorade...Tylenol...Gatorade....
¶ 9/24/2006 07:18:00 PM9 comments
Friday, September 22, 2006
Tag, I Am It
1. YOUR FULL NAME? Name Withheld
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes, my maternal great great grandmother.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?Hmm...I am not sure
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?Yes, my printing but, I have lost the ability to write long hand.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Roast beef
6. KIDS? Yes, one son
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, I make me laugh
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?Yes
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Yes
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No, I am big "F"ing chicken
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cheerios.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Usually 14. ARE YOU STRONG? Physically no, mentally yes
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Peach
16. SHOE SIZE? 5 1/2 or 6
17. DO YOU LIKE RED OR PINK? Red
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I grow hair in strange places
19. WHAT IS THE MOST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I have great eyes
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO PARTICIPATE THIS BACK TO YOU? Sure.
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING- Blue jeans and I have bare feet
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Peach ice cream
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Nothing
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Royal Purple
25. FAVORITE SMELL? Bacon frying
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My husband
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes
28.DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU? Yes
29.FAVE DRINKS-Coca Cola
30. FAVORITE SPORT? Reading
31. EYE COLOR? Blue
32. HAT SIZE? -Huh?
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes
34. FAVORITE FOOD? Pesto
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? -Happy endings.
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? The Ant Bully
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White.
38.SUMMER OR WINTER? -Summer
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? - Sour Patch Kids
41.WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Huh?
42. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Huh?
43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Answered Prayers by Truman Capote
44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I do not have a mouse pad
45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? My Name is Earl and The Office
46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Running water
47. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? -Very early Rolling Stones
48. THE FARTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Devil's Tower, WY (very weird and very cool)
49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Making fresh pesto with my own basil
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? -1963, Dubuque, Iowa.
About 20 minutes into my gutter cleaning assignment, I fell off my ladder. To make matters worse everyone I had talked to earlier that morning said, "don't fall." I reassured everyone that I was not going to fall and that I knew what I was doing. After all, I am woman hear me roar. What ever happened to Helen Reddy anyway.
My injuries are nothing serious although, my hip still feels a little out of wack. Although, I did not finish the gutters, I did clean out the front hall and most of the shed. So all in all still a fairly productive day. Today I am working for pay, thank God, I don't think my body could take it.
¶ 9/22/2006 05:34:00 AM17 comments
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Shameless Search Engine Pandering
I have a "day off" today and I get to clean sludge out of my gutters. I bet the search engines are going crazy now. My gutters filled with sludge are going to be right up there with Daave's Paris Hilton is a whore. Or how about sexy Asian blow jobs, OTK spanking or Dick Cheney.
Alright, I guess I should not write this post without taking my medication first. Back to my gutters, I am actually kind of looking forward to getting it done. I have been doing a lot if physical stuff around the house lately and it is a really good feeling. Oh I guess this is what my first sponsor meant when he said, move a muscle change a thought.
¶ 9/21/2006 06:14:00 AM10 comments
This morning after I put my son on his school bus, I drove over to my A.A. club to see if my sponsor was around. Sure enough she was there all alone, just hanging out in the office. After about twenty minutes of small talk I was able to ask her point blank what was happening with “the relationship.” I know that was God because, I hate dealing directly with emotionally charged situations.
She told me few things and then I was able tofinally express my concerns to her. The first time we discussed it took me so by surprise that I was not able to tell her how I felt. This time I was able to say things to her like,” you may drink over this” and other obvious things. She agreed with me and said she was going to end the relationship but, only after they go away together this weekend.
We will see what happens. But, at least I feel like I have said what I need to say. O.K. so now I will stop posting about it.
¶ 9/12/2006 06:34:00 PM15 comments
Drop Kick Me Jesus Through The Goal Posts Of Life
I am feeling much better. My feelings have changed although, my external circumstance have not changed. My sponsor is still going off the deep end(don't worry I am using my back up sponsor). I also have a sponsee who is seems to be on her way back out. She has stopped calling, stopped doing step work and has cut way back on her meetings.
Creeping Dread and Impending Doom
For the past few days, I have been dealing with these feelings of creeping dread and impending doom. I am not entirely sure where these feelings are coming from. I am however, sure of three things that might be impacting my emotions. First, for the past few weeks my allergies have been kicking my butt. As a result, my sleep has been inconsistent. Second, since summer is over it is time to get serious about getting a serious job. I feel so inadequate when it comes to a job search. Third, my sponsor is still going off the deep end. She is still involved with the married newcomer. Waiting for that relationship to blow-up is like waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Right now I am working on acceptance. Acceptance has always seemed to quell my fears in the past. My backup sponsor has me reading page 414 of the Big Book on a daily basis.
¶ 9/08/2006 10:53:00 PM12 comments
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Does Your Brain Ever Attack You?
Does your brain ever attack you? Mine does! My life has been going along very well lately but, the better things go the more my brain attacks. It’s the usual chorus line of negative thoughts, self doubt and worry. There seems to be an inverse relationship somehow.
¶ 9/07/2006 07:50:00 PM15 comments